Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
1. Please have nothing to eat or drink 6 hours prior to surgery. You should take all your normal morning medications with a small amount of water only, unless instructed otherwise by Dr. Esposito.
2. Please wear loose fitted, comfortable clothing. Short sleeved top with long pants is the ideal attire. This will facilitate placement of appropriate monitoring and intravenous access.
3. An ESCORT must accompany you to the office that can drive you home. Please make arrangements for the escort to wait in the office until the procedure is completed.
4. Please take your preoperative medications 45 minutes prior to your appointment.
5. Please arrange for someone to accompany you at home during the first several hours after surgery.
6. Additional ice packs would be helpful to reduce your post operative swelling. These can be found at most Walgreen and Rite Aid pharmacies.
7. Please have A&D ointment or Vaseline available to moisturize your lips after surgery.
8. DO NOT EAT OR DRINK PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. If an afternoon operation is scheduled, you may have a light breakfast at least 6 hours prior to your scheduled surgery.
9. Women please DO NOT wear eye make-up and remove nail polish when possible.
10. Please prepare to pay for the surgical procedure on or before the day of surgery.
11. Feel free to contact Dr. Esposito at (303) 933-8282 should there be any questions or concerns.